SEO a Scam? The Truth About the Industry

We frequent many SEO and Web Marketing forums on a daily basis each so often there is a debate about the SEO industry and values. After being involved with a number of these discussions, it has become really clear that the key trouble is the facts that no two SEO companies are alike and no specific methodology. It is extremely hard to make statements about the industry overall because it can debatable just what ‘SEO’ is. Mix in the very fact that most SEO companies keep their methodology and plan strategies secret and we have a situation where every company is totally different with different results. Menu Mica

Fact 1: There is absolutely no single SEO methodology. SEO is actually defined by wikipedia as a process of bettering traffic from Search page results to a site. Of course, HOW they accomplish that is the real question to result in the discussions. 

Fact 2: The efficiency of an SEO plan will depend on the site composition, websites content, keywords, technique used, and exactly how popular the site is. A web site simply cannot just rank for virtually any unique keyword. SEO is also not voodoo. It truly is common sense, problem solving, and Online marketing mixed together. If your site provides no value to users, it probably won’t rank.

Fact 3: Some ‘SEOs’ do search engine optimization and some do search engine treatment. Of course, it is all marketed as SEO. Unethical optimization provides results at any cost and is always short-run (usually ends in a suspended domain name). Ethical search engine optimization opens up the site to the major search engines and provides permanent benefits.

Fact 4: Most SEO companies get paid whether or not your site gets any rankings. Unfortunately, this is the case with the industry. Most SEO companies implement A, B, and C and move on to another client. With any luck ,, the site ranks. In the event that it doesn’t, they also have more clients.

Fact 5: Most SEO companies use both ethical and dishonest inbound linking strategies. To increase profits, it is very common for SEO companies to buy bulk links from India, links on spam/scraper sites, or sell large directory submission deals. It is also common for SEO companies to set huge amounts of the contract into inbound backlinks to replace with the poor quality of the website marketing.

I don’t think it is fair to define the industry as a whole without figuring away what is wrong with it and how SEO companies can overcome it. So, just how exactly do we determine what excellent and bad about the industry? I have now recently been involved with the Net for over ten years and, specifically, with the SEO industry for almost 4 years and I’ve seen the inner workings of major SEO companies and countless clients who experienced been burned by way of a previous SEO campaigns. Put together with numerous Internet postings and forum arguments talking about the same basic problems, I’ve put together a set of the most frequent issues.

Problem 1: Responsibility for Results

It’s no secret that the great majority of SEO companies take no responsibility for results. It is a fact that no Seo services can guarantee results (and if they do, they are lying to you). It is also a fact that the client is taking a risk by spending money with an SEO company that basically says ‘We’ll do what we can’. SEO companies simply assure they’ll do the work to ‘optimize’ the site, but without full disclosure of their methodology, what exactly is the consumer paying for? No other industry sells a product or service with no guarantees and no specific set of work that will be completed. Of course, SEO work is simply the sales of information and keeping the particulars of a methodology is important, but the combo of secrecy and no responsibility for results really makes SEO campaigns dangerous. Therefore, how can an SEO company decrease the risk for the customer and provide the best grade of service?

Response 1: Incentive Based Charges

The only real way to minimize the financial risk of the customer is to reveal the risk. Through incentive-based pricing, the Seo services can charge a certain percentage of the total contract (say 70%) to cover their intellectual property and time while inserting the rest of the contract price (remaining 30%) in incentives to achieve your goals. Of course, incentives and their percentage of the deal would be totally comparable depending on campaign. This first step into sharing in the risk provides both reassurance to the consumer that the company believes in its methodology and places a few of the financial burden of the campaign on the Seo services. By the moment, however, very few SEO companies are willing to share in the risk and demand the same price whether the client gets top rankings or any ratings at all (or potentially lower rankings).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *